FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Best Restaurants in the World" thread
Old Jun 12, 2005, 10:46 am
USAFAN

Originally Posted by Darren
Or the country, it appears. Half the article didn't have anything to do with the restaurant but rather to do with badmouthing England (and it's football teams and it's car manufacturing plants). While he obviously didn't like the restaurant, he came across as having an agenda to prove that the list was biased and that Germans should have had a better showing. I will certainly say it was different. Not generally my style (give me a good bowl of soup noodles any day and I am happy enough) but glad I had an opportunity to go.
Siebeck is always ironic and/or sarcastic in his articles... even arrogant..! That's his (writing) style.
It looks like he is not a friend of this "new molecular .. chemist cooking". He actually liked some of the creations, however, the portions are too small.

Back to the topic:

I guess everybody has a list of "best restaurants". I personally find the food in most of the 3-star restaurants a "little complicated". I still have very good remembrance on some 1-star or no-star restaurants.

I recently had (fresh, white) Navarre asparagus with sauce Hollandaise in a no-star restaurant.... Or a Loup de mer with a great (whitish, creamy) sauce in La Wantzenau (near Strasbourg). I also remember "Union Square Café" in NYC well.
..and I can still remember the bland test of the 3-star "Au Crocodile" in Strasbourg; now only 2-stars .. what an embarrassment for the chef