FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Service to OKC
View Single Post
Old Jun 12, 2005, 7:38 am
SoonerJedi

Programs: OnePass
Originally Posted by ByrdluvsAWACO
While I'm no Oklahoma fan and can't understand why anyone would want to go/live there, I'm glad HP is covering this hole in their network.
I've lived in Oklahoma for about 20 of my 23 years and can't think of a more beautiful place in the world. It has such remarkable diversity, from the dry, barren west that includes a small desert, to the lush forested east with its hundreds of lakes. It's comments like this that really make me angry because they typically come from people on one of the coasts who have never even been to the state and literally still think Indians roam the plains hunting buffalo. Oklahoma is, however, the tribal headquarters for 39 tribes and has a population of over 250,000 Native Americans. They don't live in teepees anymore, by the way. As far as aviation is concerned, the FAA Training Center is located in Oklahoma City and more astronauts have come from Oklahoma than from any other state. I'm from Oklahoma and I'm damn proud. I graduated from the University of Oklahoma, I plan to return here when I get out of the military and I plan on raising my kids here, because as far as traditional values are concerned, you aren't going to find a better place in the world. The people are some of the best in the world, as well, and 99.9% of the time you will get a small wave as you pass someone on the highway, compared to the finger you might get in the West or the East. I still get goosebumps anytime I hear a large brass band play "Oklahoma!" People are going to say you have the right to your own opinion, but if you had any type of long term experience here you wouldn't be making ignorant comments like that.

Originally Posted by SDLFlyer
Southwest flies from OKC to PHX three times a day non-stop and four from OKC on Sunday's. Would you rather take a 50 seat CRJ or a 737 on Southwest? Thank goodness I don't go to OKC because the RJ flight would not be fun.
I really don't see the difference...are the seats any smaller on an RJ than on a mainline plane? From my understanding, there are just fewer of them. When i fly, my face is plastered to the window anyway, so I don't care if there are 50 seats or 250.