FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wynn Las Vegas
Thread: Wynn Las Vegas
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2005, 8:40 pm
DrivingRain

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
Went to LAS on business and had a two night stay here.

The rooms reminded me of the Mandarin NYC. I had a resort tower room on the 19th floor looking out over the strip. A wide 10' long hallway opens up to the bedroom and the view. The bed faces the windows. In-between the bed and the windows is a small dining table with two chairs, a sofa against the wall on the hallway side which is adjacent to a desk in the corner. This was plenty of room for a low-category accomodation....very impressive actually. Brown, tans, reds dominated the color scheme and nice looking paintings cover every wall (including the water closet). No wireless internet. Flat-screen TV anchored a nice entertainment system. Electric controls for the shades worked well. The lighting options neared perfection, but I would have liked dimmers.

The bathroom is on the right in the mid-point of the hallway. Seperate shower with a non-descript shower head. Deep tub. Seperate water closet. Dual sinks with divider that acted as a dressing table with a mini-chair. Complete toiletry set puts FS and MO to shame.

All of the finishings of the room/bathroom and furniture pieces were a noticeable downgrade versus that of the Mandarin NYC (again....I choose this hotel as the benchmark b/c the Wynn rooms strongly reminded me of the MO-NY), but certainly nice enough.

Room service told me it would be a 45' wait for breakfast. It took that long, but came hot and was quite good. The room service menu itself was very complete. The mini-bar had far too many Wynn-branded items in it. I was getting tired of seeing his name everywhere (including the toiletries).

The public spaces are very nice, but took no big steps forward vs. Bellagio, etc. The hotel itself felt like a Manhattan-style playground....which suits my tastes very well. Nice restuarants with plenty of big name chefs, the standard night clubs, gaming, big name shopping, etc. The pool area was nice with very plush cabanas which, given this was a business stay, I only looked at. Some were located on the "2nd floor" of the pool...complete with balconies overlooking the lower pools.

Overall I was very impressed for my $179 mid/late week rate. Perhaps that was helpful as it was not over-crowded. I'd return. However, I'm planning a leisure visit for next month and have booked a Club Suite at the RC LLV and it didnt impress to the point where I would change those plans.