FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on incorrectly "tested postive" 3X's at JFK - What can i expect?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 8:11 am
mapsgl

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
This thread has gone in some interesting directions since I (The OP) shared my situation looking for guidance and information.

Here's some follow up FWIW.

My guess was that the trigger on my carry on was a special lotion I use for my face which contains glycerin.

I braced myself for trouble at screen because I purchased two additional bottles of this lotion while in LA.(Am I asking for trouble????)

Except for being asked to remove my "slipper shoes" I get through screening at LAX with no problem or issue.

So who knows what caused my initial problem at JFK??? I think I can eliminated the lotion -- I've never had a problem at JFK or any other airprt before when I travel with it. -- unless their is now "better" equipment at JFK that is the difference.

Anyway, I'm still unable to ascertain what my personal information was/is needed for, where it is/was being housed , how long, and how it will be disposed...

mapsgl