FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on incorrectly "tested postive" 3X's at JFK - What can i expect?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:11 pm
daw617

Originally Posted by Bart
If I believed that we were violating the Constitution, I guarantee you that I would NOT be working for TSA and I would be doing everything within my power to fight the injustice.
That's why I pointed out that, even though you are acting in complete good faith, it is possible that there might be more going on here than you are aware of. I am NOT accusing you of lying. I am NOT suggesting that you are acting in bad faith. I am NOT suggesting that you believe the TSA is violating the Constitution. Rather, I am pointing out that you do not know what the TSA actually does. I am pointing out that you are merely speculating about how this data is used. I am pointing out that you might be unaware of the real truth.

Your assumption, apparently, is that I am content with my employment to the point of violating your constitutional rights.
Absolutely not. No, that is definitely NOT my position. I'm chagrined that you got the wrong impression, and I never intended to suggest such a thing. Please accept my apology for any possible misunderstanding.

I want to emphasize that I hold the utmost respect for you, and never intended to suggest that you would knowingly violate people's constitutional rights.

That said, I believe a number of your arguments on this thread have been unsupported by the evidence (at least, any evidence posted here) -- and I believe it is possible that you or others at the TSA might be unknowingly violating passengers' rights, or might be following policies that were poorly thought-out and causing an unjustifiable privacy intrusion on law-abiding passengers.

Does this help clarify my position?