FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on incorrectly "tested postive" 3X's at JFK - What can i expect?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 10:02 pm
daw617

Originally Posted by Bart
Did say that if he feels so strongly about it; if he really and truly believes that the Constitution is being trampled upon; then DO SOMETHING about it
Like what? I have yet to hear you suggest an alternative form of action that doesn't involve spending tens of thousands of dollars.

... make baseless accusations and outrageous claims by using his title as lawyer to convince the rest of us that something is seriously amiss.
Ahh, but the point is that the accusations are not baseless, and the claims are not outrageous. Moreover, we should evaluate these claims on their own merits (not because of PTravel's title). I would say no special training is needed -- all you need is common sense to see that the supervisors' explanations are unsatisfactory and circular. All you need is common sense to raise questions about compliance the Privacy Act.

Feel free to provide evidence that the accusations are baseless, if you have any. Last I checked, I didn't see any such evidence here on this board.

It sure sounds like you are responding emotionally to the person, rather than thinking logically about the statements on their own merits.