FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton South Portland, Maine [Master Thread] (now Wyndham)
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:50 pm
general45
Original Member

I agree with others about the HGI waterfront or the Marriott Sable Oaks. They are both very good properties. The Marriott has a very small concierge lounge on the second floor and is the only Marriott that I have ever seen that invites Silver Marriott members(that was last year) to partake in lounge access. The beds are extremely comfortable. I have stayed in the Sheraton a few times and it is hit or miss.The hotel looks very attractive from the outside, but that all changes once you get inside. Try to avoid the second tower as these rooms seem to be older looking than the main tower and distant from the hotel lobby. The Sheraton is usually the most expensive of the 3 brands for whatever reason. The HGI is down on Casco Bay and close to downtown shopping and restaurants. They have the usual HGI amenities, and the hotel itself is only a couple of years old. My personal choice would be the Marriott, but both HGI's in Portland are good second choices.

Last edited by general45; Jun 9, 2005 at 7:53 pm