FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on incorrectly "tested postive" 3X's at JFK - What can i expect?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 11:25 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by copwriter
And, again, one cannot make that asumption solely on the basis of the speaker not having a law degree.
My assumption was not predicated upon Bart's lack of a law degree, but on his explanation of why he thought it was okay to require the information in question.

I've known a lot of lawyers, but one of the most informed people I have ever known on constitutional issues was a fellow professor (of history) who had been teaching a class on constitutional law. He got interested in the topic and was as well-read and well-informed as anyone I knew, before or since.
Sigh.

Last time: I don't think only lawyers understand Constitutional law. I do think Bart doesn't understand Constitution law. I think that, not because he is not a lawyer, but because of what he has written in this thread about the supposed justification for demanding personal information after a false positive.

I can't be any clearer than that.

Nope. TSA personnel have no police powers. That's why there is almost always an airport cop at or near the checkpoint.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the answer.