FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Carry on incorrectly "tested postive" 3X's at JFK - What can i expect?
Old Jun 9, 2005, 7:29 am
PTravel
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rbedgood
Ptravel...what's your answer then...? Go ahead and fight the constitutionality of the procedure...personally I have to get on the flight and get to work in the next town!!!
I want to be clear: my objection is not to inspection, but to recording personal information for a false positive. In fact, if Bart had done a little FT research, he would have found that I'm a supporter of TSA -- I've always found them to be efficient, professional, courteous and, usually, good-humored. I question the efficacy of security procedures (as long as unscreened cargo and US mail travels on commercial aircraft, there is NO security), but I don't object to them. I do object to being interrogated (which is what the demand for personal information is) when the government agent does not have a reasonable suspicion. Incidently, in an earlier post I referred to "Kelly stop" -- that's wrong (no doubt a product of approaching upper, upper middle age), it's a "Terry stop" after a Supreme Court case of the same name.