FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated "Lounge Access in PEK (Beijing)" Thread
Old Jun 9, 2005, 4:52 am
KMHT FF
Suspended

Programs: Count Your Blessings
Originally Posted by oldandslow
Did my first trip to PEK last week, and dropped in on the lounge. It was barely worth stopping - minimal drinks and food, the computer desks have RJ45 connections pulled out of the wall and just lying around (so you have to go rooting around to get a working line), and the aircon was only marginally effective.

Good stuff? Umm, not exactly, but a lot of other flights leave well before UA 888 so the lounge was emptier than I expected for a chunk of time before the flight.

Next time, I'll follow moondog's advice above and arrive late; if I have time I'll stop at Starbucks ...
Which lounge did you go to?

I find BGS to be perfectly fine. If I want a 10-course buffet I'll go to a restaurant before heading to the airport. If I really need to be online I'll make sure I have AirCard. As far as air conditioning goes maybe you were in there when I was - mentioned earlier they turn it down when I go in. Either that or lose some weight.