FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extending Validity Period of Miles Another 3 years
Old Jun 4, 2005, 5:31 pm
Harvey108

Extending Validity Period of Miles Another 3 years

I have not noticed it posted here in this forum earlier, and I did not know until last week, so I thought I would post:

To extend the validity of your Miles with Globalpass I have found that I can just call the Globalpass toll-free number and order one e-ticket for any person and that same day the credit is posted to my online account and the validity is extended for another three years. I had earlier worried that I would have to rent a car from Thrifty or Avis (which I didn't plan on doing otherwise), but the Globalpass agent informed me that I could just buy a ticket from them from any airlines that is on the standard agency reservation system so I purchased a ticket from them LAX to Las Vegas on America West...on May 31 and the credits have already posted into my online Globalpass account. It is much less a bother than waiting 4-6 weeks to see if a partner, like a car rental company is actually going to send over the credit to Globalpass, especially as we had no real reason to rent a car.