FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Extend Rapid Reward Award
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2005, 10:54 am
Strephon

Reactivating electronic award

Originally Posted by BLI-Flyer
This question is answered in the SW Rapid Rewards FAQ.

Q: If I am unable to use my Award within 12 months, is it possible to extend the expiration date?
A: Yes, an Award may be extended for a $50 fee. You can simply mail the expired Award and a check or money order for the appropriate amount to:

Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
P.O. Box 972739
Dallas, TX 75397-2739

It will take up to 30 days from the date we receive your request for Rapid Rewards Customer Service to process the new Award, which will be valid for 12 months from the date of reissue and will be deposited in your account with the new expiration date. All paper Award Tickets will be reissued as Ticketless Awards. Please note that extension requests will only be accepted from the Member who originally qualified for the Award. Extension requests from anyone other than the Member who originally qualified for the Award will be denied.
Since all of the awards are Electronic now, rather than the old paper certificate, what exactly is meant by "mail the expired Award"? Do they want the letter that came in the mail with my drink coupons? What if I didn't keep this--can I just write them and give them the Award Number?

Last edited by Strephon; Jun 1, 2005 at 10:56 am Reason: use of inaccurate terms