FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Stay Proud Out Loud W Hotel Promotion
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2005, 8:02 pm
MarkS90046

Angry

Visited the W Times Square yet again on the Stay Proud Out Loud promotion over Memorial Weekend. After spending $289 per night and paying an additional $144 per night for an Urban Suite for five nights, I was surprised to be told by the front desk that I earned 79 Starpoints. First I was told the computer automatically decides what rates earn Starpoints. In other words, the computer said no points for my rate booked on the W Website. Then, after explaining I had been through this before during my stay in March and believed that all rates booked through the W site qualified for Starpoints, I was told, no. So I stated my case one more time and the front desk person grabbed my folio from me and said he would make a copy and give it to the manager. In a very unaccommodating manner. Almost like I was the pesty guest who he knew was wrong but he would make it seem like he was doing something so I would go away.

Why do they make it so difficult for people to get their points? I paid $433 a night before taxes and this does not qualify for Starpoints? Shouldn't this have been corrected last time? I just don't understand this type of customer service. It's not what I have come to expect from Starwood properties.