FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton LaGuardia East (Flushing), NY [Master Thread]
Old May 29, 2005, 8:56 pm
Motion122

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, UA Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond/Ambassador, Hyatt Explor
Originally Posted by FlyMeHomeAA
This hotel is located in quite the unique area in NY. I certainly would not be caught walking outside after dark. Did they get high speed internet here? I was there about a year ago and had to dial up.

Just a very strange hotel. I'd rather stay at a SPG property in Manhatten and take either a taxi or the subway to work.

As for hotels around JFK, although it's not a Starwood property, I highly recommend the Doubletree. Again, I would not walk the streets around this property even in the day to be honest but it's very close to JFK and they have a good shuttle service.

Mike
Just returned from a two night stay at this property. This time I was upgraded to the club floor with lounge access. The room indeed has the sweet sleeper bed. Very professional staff and good service.

Wireless high speed is free of charge. Yes, FREE!

Nothing wrong with the surrounding area of this hotel. I was out past mid night both nights of my stay and still see some Chinese restaurant open for business. It's great if you need to grab a quick bite to eat during those hours.

The 7 train is just around the corner from the hotel and a quick 30 minute ride into Manhattan, I am sure it will be quicker with the express train that runs during the weekdays. If there is a transfer involved, give your self more time. If you walk another block, there is also a train to Penn Station I believe for $5.00 and a quick 15-20 minute ride.