FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Oz Fest #2" in SYDNEY - weekend of May 27/29 2005. Let's add to the numbers!
Old May 29, 2005, 2:47 am
JohnSydney2000

Programs: QC Life, QFF Plat No 0010XXX, AA Plat 2 MM, Sinbad Blue, HHonors Dia., Marriott Titanium, IHG Amb
Monday morning stroll over Sydney Harbour Bridge

A number of FT attendee’s will be joining me for a walk across Sydney Harbour Bridge tomorrow morning as the city wakens. Anyone is very welcome to join us, and enjoy seeing the harbour and the city come to life.

It will be early.

We are meeting at 6 am Monday the 29th May, in the lobby of the 4 Points Darling Harbour where many have been staying for the Do.
We will walk to Town Hall Station, and go 2 stops north to Milson’s Point Station. From there we have to climb about 30 steps, and the hard part of the stroll is then over. We will walk across the Bridge on the Opera House side, seeing the Harbour come to life. In 20 minutes, we will be on the city side, and can walk down through the historic Rock’s district to Circular Quay. Some of the party may leave us then to walk the 400 m to the Opera House. I believe Tours start there at 9am, run half-hourly.
From there we will walk up along historic Macquarie Street to one of my little “finds”. We can go to the Supreme Court Tower, to a 9th level café, open for an early coffee or breakfast, with an uninterrupted view of the harbour and out to the eastern suburbs.
For those tiring, it is possible to take the train 1 stop to the top of Macquarie St.

I will then walk those who wish, back to the 4 Points, cross town. All of course, are welcome to peel off to visit fashion shops, shoe shops, bottle shops, or whatever takes your fancy. A little retail therapy may beckon after the early start, and we walk through lots of shopping possibilities on the way back to the 4 Points.

Cost: You only need a single train ticket, which will be $2-3. However, if you are thinking of doing any ferry trips (especially the Manly Ferry return), I would strongly recommend a $15 day tripper on your first journey, as you will save money, and be able to get all over , all day, by bus, train and ferry.

You will be walking with a local FT’er, so we won’t get lost, and it will be a nice compact intro to our big city waking up.

Bring:
1. Yourself to the 4 points lobby at 6am.
2. Warm clothes for the 10 c. temperature.
3. A camera – it will be fine, and early morning will show the Opera House in a different light.
4. $3-15 train fare, $6-12 for breakfast, credit card for retail therapy and FF points after.

No need to book with me, just turn up, as I am undertaking to take a small number anyway. The more the madder, I mean merrier.
Kind regards…..JohnSydney2000