FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Backpackers" and the stigma they carry
View Single Post
Old May 25, 2005, 2:21 pm
grbflyer

Programs: NWA, UA Silver. Hilton Diamond
isnt the point of backpacking to see the world and explore, not what is seems to becoming. a "group" kinda like a packaged tour? is it just the same thing as packaged tours are to older travelers? they explore with like aged people, so do backpackers. i also keep in touch with some people i have met along the way. i worked out at mount rushmore for a summer a couple years ago, and met so many people. estonia, prague, latvia, lithuania, ireland, poland etc etc etc. when the summer was up, i brought two lephrachauns (there term) to visit my hometown. last year i made a pitstop on my "backpacking" vacation to stay at their family home in northern ireland. they lived right on the sea. amazing. i lived like they did for a couple days which was excellent. where they work, school, church, dinner at their house. it felt like i was a circus show. being from up nort' my accent made them laugh hyserically. we had gone out to the pub one night, and taught them a thing or two about drinking. dont forget its packer and miller country in grb. i have a place to stay pretty much where ever i go. looking to take my friend in estonia up on her offer.