FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bangkok Tailors [PRE-2013 ARCHIVE]
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2005, 3:01 am
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I just went to Lucky Man fashion after examining about 6-7 shops in Sukhumvit. They are located in the mall of the Ambassador on Soi 11 methinks.

Arun, the owner, is extremely friendly and informative. It seemed to me out of the 6-7 shops, he was the least pushy and friendliest. I also liked many of the fabrics he had. I bought 1 suit, 2 sports coats, 8 pairs of pants, 9 shirts monogrammed, 4 neckties, and pocket squares for $500 all in. I have gone in for one fitting and am going for another next week when i get back to bangkok. I am very happy with the quality of these fabrics.

Thanks for the advice FT.

Originally Posted by retrav1K
My favourite tailor (for last 5 years since I stopped using Hong Kong tailors) is Lucky Man Fashions .. now in the Ambassador Hotel Plaza (between the hotel ans Sukhumvit Soi 11.... the family are very friendly -- have treated us and our friends really well and have good prices fro good quality (they do not stock the SUPER expensive fabrics but can buy in for you) ... I am still wearing shirts I had made there 5 years ago... and I am rough on them with my travel schedule.

Shop used to be along the big open strip between ambassador and Sukhumvit where the beer bar, etc was (closer to Suk Soi 11/1 ?)-- now pulled down and a lux Serviced Apartment tower going up (opposite Miami or Manhattan hotel next to what was a string of 7 or 8 foot massage places..