FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2005, 6:30 am
tfung

Programs: AA 3MM EXP, SQ Solitaire, LH SEN, CX DM, Hyatt CC, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by Pickles
Although it sounds nice, I'm probably not likely to stay there in the near future. I was quite excited (even if the location wasn't that hot to/from my office in Yeouido), until I called up and asked about the facilities. Their pool is a 17 meter indoor pool, plus a fitness room, etc. Compare this with the Grand Hyatt, which has two pools, an outdoor 30 m and an indoor 25 m, plus an amazingly large fitness area and spa at the Olympus club. Oh well.
I think it's hard to compare any PH with GH. The definition of PHs are small boutique style hotels with a good spa/relaxation program, and you are treated with more personalized service. Like everyone would remember and address you by name when you're walking around, more private and exclusive. Whereas GH is exactly what the name implies - Grand with everything bigger and better than the average Hyatt. The location for PH is pretty good if you are attending fairs and expos at the Coex, since it's like a 5 min walk away; or if your office is close by. Our office is somewhat right in the middle of the PH and GH distancewise here in Seoul. But according to the people, the GH direction has much more traffic, taking 30 mins to get to our office by car, whereas the PH only takes 10 mins.