FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]
Old May 18, 2005, 11:44 am
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Nagoya Marriott Associa Hotel, Japan [Master Thread]

Preface: Just in from SFO on UA for one day at Expo 2005 then additional days in Japan. Depart for TPE on UA in a few days from NGO.

Rate: I have no status with Marriott. I would have preferred a stay at a Starwood or Hilton property as it would help me maintain status. No Hyatt in area. The Westin Nagoya Castle was never available and the Hilton always priced at 10000 plus more yen per night. I had booked this night a few months ago and assume it was in the lowest category room the Marriott has.

Transportation: The group tour I am with for the Expo 2005 only is staying at the Nagoya Tokyu Hotel. From this Hotel is was a short walk to the Sakae subway station and then two stops to Nagoya Station which the Marriott sits atop. From NGO the Hotel is very accessible as you have many options. From Nagoya Station you can go anywhere in Japan via train. A very very convenient location.

Check-in: The Hotel has a front and back entrance at Nagoya Station. I have only used the back. You take a lift to 15 which is reception. From this point the rooms are on another lift. I was given a room on a very high floor. I inquired about a paid upgrade and told the Hotel fully booked. If coming from the US you air crew will probably be here.

Perks: None.

Room: The room is small but comfortable. I seem to be in part of the wedge extension and face out upon the fire exit stairway. At least I know where it is. It is also comforting knowing that the tallest building in Nagoya has a "outdoor" servicing emergency stairwell.

The room has a queen bed, chair, table, desk with chair and ok size bathroom. It does not have a separate shower and tub. A small room. The room has a frig which is not electronic so you can stick your stuff in it. A decent room and frankly more than I expected.

Communication: The room has free HSIA which is also another reason I am here. I could never verify if the Nagoya Hilton had free internet access.

Closing: As I have no status with Marriott I did have reservations about staying here. This along with peak season in Nagoya for the Expo. I was pleasantly surprised. I would stay here without doubt again. All rates being equal I would have to opt for the Hilton or Westin since I would have Lounge access. Regards from NGO