FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "The Door" -- Mystery Security Line at IAD?
Old May 17, 2005, 10:58 am
SULAX50

Programs: UA 1K, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by SealBeach
Anyone know anything about the grey door at the far left (i.e. the United ticket counter end) of the security lines at IAD (next to the elevators)? Several times while waiting (and waiting and waiting) for security at IAD, I've seen someone walk up to the door and flip a light switch. After a minute or so, someone in a TSA uniform opens the door, lets the person in, and flips the light switch off. The person never seems to come out again, leading to the conclusion they're passing through security somehow and getting onto a flight. Who's entitled to use "the door"?
I know exactly what you are talking about. When I flew out of IAD on Thurs the 5th, there was a person who went in the door, and because the security lines were so long, other people tried to go "through" the door. The only thing that came to mind was that it the "door" for those who work in the control tower. I will pay more attention on Friday when I am at IAD to see if anyone uses it.