FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bidding for travel?
View Single Post
Old May 16, 2005, 10:54 pm
BEAV

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Celebrity Cruises Elite Plus
I contributed what I consider to be a significant amount to the BFT community for nearly three years. My contribution went beyond simply posting winning bids, but also assisting whenever zones were redrawn, offered some tried-and-true bidding strategies, etc, etc.

But after awhile one grows weary of seeing fellow community contributors berated and treated like juveniles. You can only stand seeing so much abuse so long. So I just sort of banned myself late last year, making it a New Year's resolution not to post anymore. And I must say, it's the first time I've been successfull this long at a New Year's resolution! Too bad I can't stick to dieting like I've stuck to not posting!

But, seriously, there have been a number of times I've wanted to jump in and help someone who could have benefitted from my contribution. But darn it, I'm sticking to my resolution.......

Thankfully, we all have an alternative venue in BB. What a fun, not to mention informative, welcoming community! And I especially appreciate that BB covers both Priceline as well as Hotwire. I'm using Hotwire much more these days, thanks in part to the info on BB such as the reusable $30 Entertainment rebate. The rebate makes Hotwire very competitive with Priceline. I never could understand why BFT didn't include Hotwire, especially since it has no formal ties w/Priceline.