FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.
Old May 15, 2005, 11:22 pm
SEA_Tigger
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bar Alliance Gold
Everything You Wanted to Know About Where to Sit on a United ERJ-145.

Yes, it is time for the next two installments in our series of PSAs - Public Seating Announcements.

First up, the Embraer 145 Regional Jet.

Flew this bird between IAD and GSO and then back, and I have to say it's my favorite RJ so far when in Economy.

UA Seat Map - http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,51211,00.html
SeatGuru Seat Map - http://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Uni...er_ERJ-145.php

First off, SeatGuru's recommendations are pretty much on the money.

NOTE - UA and SeatGuru label the seats as A, B, and C (going from left to right). On both my planes, the seats were labeled A, D and F as were the Boarding Passes.

I was in 12A on both segments and was quite comfortable. Legroom is around 38" (think UA domestic First) and the smaller armrest on the left side means you have a little more room to adjust your thighs. 12D and 12F have equally good legroom and the center armrest is moveable.

3D and 3F have about 35" of legroom, and are definitely the #4 and #5 picks. 1A has about 33", which makes it better then anything else after Row 12 and 3DF are taken.

The rest of the plane is 31" pitch, though the thinner seatbacks make that actually a little better then on a mainline plane.

Seats are leather and on both my planes (I believe it was the same one), there were no seperate, moveable headrest as SeatGuru claims.

Like most older RJs, the roof is low. The side bins (over the DF seats) actually can take a briefcase and even a backpack, as it is wide at the mouth and tapers back as the fueselage curves, which puts it one up on the CRJ-200 and CRJ-700. The windows are actually pretty comfortable to look out of (especially compared with the CRJ-200).

In the end, this plane has it all over the CRJ-200, especially in Row 12, 3DF, and 1A. But the fact that the leftside seats are a single and the bigger bins still make it a nicer ride then the CRJ-200.

Last edited by SEA_Tigger; May 16, 2005 at 3:33 pm