FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bidding for travel?
View Single Post
Old May 14, 2005, 5:24 am
mapsgl

Programs: AA, Delta Kryptonium (DM) Hyatt Diamond IHG Fake Plat (Ambassador), HH Gold
Originally Posted by FourWheels
Whoa, I guess I should be grateful I haven't been banned!

I use Upromise.com to access Priceline, so I've never considered using the Amazing-Bargains link. I've been politely asked to use the AB link through private messages. And honestly was too afraid to reply.

The last time I used PL I ended up bidding separately for a two-night stay. The first winning bid I posted on BFT. When I won the second night's bid a few days later, I went to BetterBidding to post. I was afraid someone at BFT would remember my recent post and again gently suggest I use the AB link. (gulp)

Just curious, has anyone responded to the BFT moderator that you use another portal? If so, what was the response? And have you since received suggestions to use the AB link?

It is unfortunate that people have to experience anything close to fear when dealing with a service/website. It reminds me of a certain soup establishment that gained notarity here in NYC.

If you get banned, don't fret, it is still easy to lurk... I do from AOL

To answer your last question. I responded honestly that I use eBay/PL because of the effective $10 rebate on my hotel.

The good news is that I did not receive any additional suggestions to use the AB link after that....because I was BANNED

That being said both betterbidding.com and BFT are wonderful information resources. It makes sense to utilize both to get the best PL intelligence possible.

Both sites indeed need customer information and customer financial support to remain viable. It will be interesting to see how the different business strategies will play out.

Competition and options are always good for the traveler. I hope they both do well, with BB doing a little better.