FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What do YOU think the merged name should be?
Old May 12, 2005, 3:28 am
ByrdluvsAWACO

Programs: AA-EXP (1.7MM), BA-Slvr, HH-Diamond
Cool AZ work your mod magic and lock this one

Originally Posted by fly747first
I hate to break it to all little angels out there..
Angels is right. Like Gabriel himself coming down to rescue your pathetic mismanaged airline from an absolute death. Your fate is in the hands of HP.

If Parker walked away, US would be eventually consumed by WN, and all the fallen CP's would be boarding with the rest of the WN cattle in Y.

...but the truth is, America West is a terrible, unrecognized name throughout the world. Other than in the US and even Canada perhaps, where do you hear the name America West????
One place you don't hear "America West" these days is in halls of the bankruptcy courts. America West may not be well known in some regions, but I'd rather be unknown than well-known for all the wrong reasons.

Remember the Christmas meltdown?

US Airways (with its much more elegant and classy livery)
I didn't know that Goth-chic was considered elegant. Definitely not classy. Every US plane looks as like a flying hearse. The word morbid comes to mind.

flies to major European cities as well as to several Caribbean cities. Sorry.
They don't have to. HP learned from their past mistakes. They realize it's far less expensive to partner with the "real" intercontinental airlines than fly your own metal into financial ruin.

I guess a second round of bankrupcty didn't teach US anything either.

For marketing purposes, if HP and US merge, the name America West wouldn't make much sense, unless the new company wanted to lose most of its East Coast customers.
Like an onion you peel another layer away only to unveil more ignorance. HP already has East Coast customers. Someone in JFK or BOS looking to go to LAX already knows about HP becuase of the low-fare competition they brought to the transcon market. With a hub in LAS, tons of people from the eastcoast know about HP.

Again, say goodbye to that awful America West name y'all love.
Again, eventually the US name will go as well. Maybe you forgot to read that part.

I really can't wait for us Chairman's Preferred members to force America West Plats to miss their upgrades.
We won't miss anything. You can be sure that CP's won't be given any more favor over Plats and we flew less to get top-tier status.

Goodbye former HP Plats, hello former US CPs.
Goodbye troll.

Last edited by ByrdluvsAWACO; May 12, 2005 at 3:42 am