FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - (fare gone) Air Europa: BOS - MAD $115
View Single Post
Old May 11, 2005, 12:44 pm
Spiff
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by viveque
Hi everybody -

I see such low low fares sometimes come up including the United $1.86 fares. But I am afraid to book into these deals for these following reasons.

1. I will book hotel and car rentals for the corresponding dates and what if the airline decides to cancel my booking in the last minute. I will lose money on hotel and car rental reservations.

2. At what point can an airline cancel an individual booking. Can it cancel a booking after issuing a confirmation code thru E-ticket when it discovers that there was a online booking error. Or can it cancel a ticket after issuing a confirmed seat with a seat number ?? When does the airline take responsibility? I am mainly asking this question future as if some error makes an airline ticket to be $0.00 then I will happily book the ticket, but i need to make other plans also for travel .... I will appreciate any help in this regard ...

Dont have to answer this question ...

3. If the fare is as low as $0.00 (like on delta a few weeks back to Maine), the airline can cancel my booking at any time. I then have to deal with other issues. I would have already asked my Girl frnd to pack and prepare and how do i deal with her .... (Can i sue the airline for the emotional stress ?? )
1. Don't book non-cancellable hotels and cars.

2. After $$ has been collected by the airline and a ticket number has been issued, it's a done deal

3. No, see #2. If your girlfriend can't handle the go-go life, then it's time to either travel alone or seek other companionship.

Quit worrying about it and pull the trigger. You're not going to moan on your deathbed "I'm so happy I didn't go to BCN for $200 back in 2005!"

Welcome to FlyerTalk.