FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "Stealing" plush hotel bathrobes
View Single Post
Old May 10, 2005, 3:10 pm
SchmeckFlyer

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
"Stealing" plush hotel bathrobes

Just returned from two nights in Brussels (after some days in Lyon and before heading to Africa) where I stayed (or rather crashed) with my father at the Hotel Amigo. I am not much of a bathrobe person, but the ones they had at this hotel were quite divine and ever so decadent.

So I decided to steal/take/borrow one but my father would here nothing of it. He (the company) would be charged, and that looks bad, although he is master and commander of his organisation's budget anyway. And what is a little extra charge in an otherwise ridiculously expensive hotel stay anyway? After a long debate (I argued that my parents have a whole closet of hotel bathrobes), the bathrobe remained in the former prison turned hotel and now I am without a nice bathrobe.

Question is... do hotels really charge for stolen/borrowed/taken bathrobes? I have a small collection of towels from various hotels around the world, for which I was never charged.

Has anyone else stolen/borrowed/taken bathrobes from hotels, and were you charged?

What else have you stolen/borrowed/taken from hotels? (besides toilettries) I did take the guide to all the LHW hotels from the Amigo.

Last edited by SchmeckFlyer; May 10, 2005 at 3:15 pm