FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Iberia Business Class recently?
View Single Post
Old May 9, 2005, 9:13 pm
number_6
Original Member

Location: Portland OR Double Emerald (QF and AA), DL PM/MM, Starwood Plat
Originally Posted by fly747first
Do you have any idea of what you are saying????? IB's international BusinessIntercontinental seats have a 51'' seat pitch, not 48''. More importantly, IB intl C Class seats have leg rests, unlike AA's 757 seats. AA does not offer any in-between meals snacks, while Iberia does.
The post you reference was made over a year ago, did it take that long to find out that IB J seats are a spacious 51" and not the 48" that I guessed them to be? I admire your diligence in eeking out that extra 8cm for IB, they need every bit of it. Of course AA doesn't have any J service on its international 757 fleet as they are sold as Y, being considered unfit for a J product trans-Atlantic. In any case IB has mostly refitted its fleet by now, if it is on schedule, and the new J seats should be on all the prime routes. Maybe the worst of the new J seats, in classic IB fashion, but a huge improvement over the old seating.

IB announced in late 2004 that F was being discontinued. Then a few weeks later it announced that F would be kept on select planes (I suspect the 747s). All newly delivered plances (such as the A346s) are being configured without F but using the new-J seats. Last time I checked F was still available MAD-JFK and MAD-MIA (the only routes I personally care about). I'll fly IB F westbound but not eastbound, and I won't fly IB in J or Y; and that's my opinion on IB in a nutshell.