FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buying BKK departing flights from the US?
Old May 7, 2005, 12:54 pm
speedytimmy

Buying BKK departing flights from the US?

So I'm planning to fly BOS-BKK-PER-BKK-HKT-BKK-BOS in late November coming back eventually about three weeks later (a little more miles than the usual BOS-DCA). Thai Air reservations in Los Angeles - horrible wait times but nice piano music. Suggests BOS-BKK with maybe HKT as one ticket and BKK-PER as another. It seems they would rather I book all of it online, but doesn't let you originate from BOS. BKK-PER they say I should definitely book online. I can see the same flights on the Thai Air and United websites - only difference is about $320 (United being higher). The fare conditions on TG website are:

1 - PSGR P1 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 1 ADT BKKPER TG VLEE60 PU 1 S
FCL: VLEE60 TRF: 884 RULE: 3001 BK: V
PTC: ADT-ADULT FTC: XES-SPECIAL EXCURSION
SR.SALES RESTRICT
UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED

TICKETS MUST BE ISSUED ON/BEFORE 30SEP 05.

FROM/TO BKK

TICKETS MAY NOT BE ISSUED BY SATELLITE PRINTER.
TICKETS MAY ONLY BE SOLD IN THAILAND.

The last bit is the thing I wonder about. So do I just book on TG and see what happens? Would it even get ticketed with a US credit card address? They also said since they don't have a straight routing to PER from BOS they could just link the separate tickets so I would have the two piece baggage allowance rather than 20 kgs - flying to PER to do one triathlon and HKT for a second (the latter being the "Thai Airways International Laguna Phuket Triathlon" - with bikes supposedly going for free) so the only segment that might be tricky is BKK-PER - hard to explain you are coming to do the Phuket triathlon when you're on the way to Australia.

I'd rather not get reamed for extra kgs if possible.