FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - An interrupted MR...how to recover?
View Single Post
Old May 6, 2005, 11:23 am
drtravix

Originally Posted by herb_sims
Let's say I book a MR and start on it. Then somewhere in the middle of the trip something goes wrong (i.e. dealy or something) and you miss your connecting flight.

How do you recover? Take a laptop with you and re-run the ITA/expedia routing or will (for my example) Delta step in and just get me to where I am going?

Thanks,

Herb
If you miss your connecting flight, the typical way to handle that (to retain the value of your booking) is to visit the airline's customer service counter, or a gate agent.

They will rebook you to your destination. In some cases, they will automatically rebook you if your flight arrives late and you miss the connection, but more often than not you'll have to ask. They typically won't be thrilled about the idea of booking you on flights which skip across the country before you get to your final destination (ie, rebooking you on an MR style routing) - you will likely get booked on the most direct flight with availability.

United will (depending on what agent you get) credit your account for the miles ticketed rather than flown if you ask - but I'm not sure if those are EQM's that get credited, or just general non-flight CSR adjustment miles. Other airlines may have different policies, but it would probably be worth asking if something like that happens to you.