FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Some of us may no longer be Platinums.
View Single Post
Old May 4, 2005, 1:27 pm
GotCalcio4

Programs: AA Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
Hopefully it wont' be an issue if the merger comes to fruition. 94K flight miles last year on HP, but I have to remind myself that I now would fly US for my twice a year UK trips (phx-phl-lgw or phx-clt-lgw) and easily make over the 100K...i hope

US has frequenty made generous exceptions when qualifying people for status. Hopefully, though, if the merger happens all elites will become US preferreds with equivalents as follows: Silver-Silver, Gold-Gold, Platinum-Chairman's.

Also, as Platinum on HP you confirm your upgrade 3 days prior, which is the same time-frame as a US2 does.

Benefits of being a US1 are for the most part unpublished. The dedicated staff of "Liaisons" that US employs are specially trained to satisfy the needs of all US1's. The Chairman's call center offers some really, really great service to you. In the airport, etc, the needs of US1's are taken into heavy consideration, and even if its just an extra smile or an extra couple of Thank you's for flying US, to most people it really means something. If you do some searching on the US forum you may run across a thread or two about the special treatment that US1's receive. Most are very passionate about that call center!