FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rare Iberia trip report: To and from Latin America in Business with IB
Old May 4, 2005, 7:03 am
fraisse10

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by hardiwv
(the intermediates were on Varig and were OK).

Could you elaborate a bit on your experience with RG? I assume you flew EZE-GIG and GIG-GRU with VARIG, correct?

Tks,
Correct. Not much to report though. EZE - GIG was a 3-hour flight in J; a small cabin of 8 comfy seats in 2 x 2 format; the one vacant one was left empty next to me (as *Gold?). We flew at 7am so were served an adequate cold-cuts breakfast IIRC. Service was sweet, if hesitant from one FA (I think there was another in the galley but he may have had other responsibilities). No IFE. Worth mentioning that EZE airport has an $18 departure tax payable in USD, peso or Mastercard and pretty horrendous queues for passport control. Allow time. No lounge for Varig J international passengers at the gates we flew from (that I could find anyway) which surprised me. There's a Lucky Strike sponsored smoking point. Interestingly, you arrive at the Domestic terminal in GIG, as the flight then hops on to another 2 Brazilian cities.

GIG-GRU was in economy; 2 x 3 seats. Entirely unremarkable. It's only an hour's journey. I don't recall being offered even a glass of water, though we may have been. The departure area at GIG has a very good, well-ventilated smoking point - a rarity in Brazil.

Last edited by fraisse10; May 4, 2005 at 7:09 am