FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Park Hyatt Moscow REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2005, 12:12 pm
RMC500

Exciting night at Park Hyatt Moscow

Well, I woke up around 1:50 a.m. (jet lag still giving me a problem even tho I have been in this part of world for a week) and heard extremely loud shouting and yelling from lobby area. Then a gunshot. Thinking the worst, I go to balcony (the hotel has an atrium) and look down to lobby bar area where four persons (at least 3 of whom were guests) holding one other person on floor and pummeling him with fists and kicking him. Seems there had been an argument in the lobby bar. The shot did not injure anyone; however, the person on floor (who fired shot) obviously did not feel good the next day. I am sure this is an extremely unusual event. Hadn't been awaken with gunshots in my hotel since Central America in the late 1980s. Notwithstanding my exciting night, I would recommend this hotel as the only place to stay in Moscow. It is heads and shoulders above the rest, has a great staff, is Armenian-owned and thus off-limits to the Chechian groups who occasionally set off bombs etc in other parts of city, and has a super location.