FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trip Followup Report: PHL-FRA-PHL w/baby
View Single Post
Old May 3, 2005, 8:57 am
ytjk

Programs: UA Platinum Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Glad it went well

Thanks for posting the trip report I wondered how it went.

My experience is that 5-8 months is the perfect time to travel with children. A 4 year old is much tougher! Certainly, once they can crawl/walk it's not so easy.

We congratulated ourselves too, after our first child. Then of course the second one came along, we did everything the same, but the kid would scream it's head off (not just on the flight, everywhere). It was like the apple hitting Newton. "Oh, it wasn't us, our first kid was just a freaking angel".

Anyway, I am making the trip over in July with my 3 kids, now 9,7, and 2. The 2 year old will need to be walked up and down the aisles. We are going LH (US points) as I find LH to be so child-friendly (crayons, little games, my kids speak German, and the flight attendants generally go out of their way to be nice to them.. seems that way to me anyway)

Going to MUC from NYC. I much prefer MUC like you do. Except when the escalators used to dump you into passkontrolle and there was no where to go, and the escalators kept pounding the people in there. Scary crowd scene.

I should make a whole different thread about small infants transatlantic vs. small kids-- its a different world..

Cheers!