FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Visa Infinite Card
View Single Post
Old Apr 19, 2005, 10:01 am
pterostyrax

Programs: Centurion
Originally Posted by MaisonUnitas
Those are the basics, each lender will tailor the card benefits to meet the needs of their base. For the affluent individual looking for the most widely accepted payment card, an elusive card product, low or no annual fee and some nice amenities, this card will surely appeal to them. The Centurion Card has a wealth of benefits, but those may not appeal to the first class flyer that stays in suites at the finest hotels in the world.
Actually, the wealth of benefits is exactly what made us decide to pay $4,000 total for a Centurion card for myself and my wife. Buy one Business/First Class ticket and receive the other for free - this benefit alone is worth the price of admission and is a major money and convenience saver if you fly much at all.

As one example, my wife and I will be flying to Monte Carlo this fall where we will spend 4 days staying at the Hotel de Paris and then board a ten day SilverSea Cruise to Athens. It is costing us $2400 for both of us to fly Business Class to Monte Carlo - a $2400 benefit . We will most likely get a room upgrade at the Hotel de Paris - 4 nights for a total benefit of around $600. Additionally, we will each have a free breakfast at the hotel every morning and a free lunch for one day during the stay - benefits of around $350. Once we board the cruise ship, we will receive a $500 onboard credit and a bottle of Dom Perignon - around $650 in benefits. Once in Athens, we will probably receive a room upgrade for two nights plus breakfast each day for another $300 benefit. Total benefits of the Centurion card for the trip is easily over $4,000. The card has paid for itself on one trip. We plan on taking at least five trips a year like this, so it's a no-brainer to have the Centurion card.

For those who think that Centurion card holders don't think about how much something costs and casually fritter money away as it doesn't have that much meaning for us - how do you think we got enough money to afford the card in the first place? Certainly not by frittering it away.