FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Do Canadians like AC?
View Single Post
Old Apr 18, 2005, 12:01 am
luxury

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Our family used to fly Canadi>n and when it was absorbed by AC we were none too pleased. As Snoopyo mentions, for awhile AC was quite arrogant, phone waiting times were atrocious, and many frontline staff were obnoxious (the exception noticeable when an ex-CP agent answered the phone!!)

So much so, I decided to give the paltry business I give to airlines to BA, esp. since I was going to start school in London. When AC went into CCRA protection, switching mainly to BA looked good as ACs future seemed to be quite uncertain.

But with BAs higher prices and less comfortable Y product (WT+ on BA, however, is brilliant) I switched back to AC and am VERY happy. I was very happy that 2 years ago they gave me a first time Prestige member such a generous benefit package; while slightly less please about changes made to this year's programme, averaging out last year and this year, AC is still very good for me. As such, I am very happy with AC, enough to go for Elite (or E-Lite) this year, mainly thanks to awesome FTers on this board (djjaguar, YOWkid, ABG, Empress and many others).

Last edited by luxury; Apr 18, 2005 at 12:06 am