FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US vs UA vs WN out of PIT to ORD/MDW
View Single Post
Old Apr 12, 2005, 7:01 pm
sts603
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by JAXPax
True, but recently I had the opportunity to compare riding in the back on US vs. WN. US was an A319 (upgrade as a Gold didn't clear, I was in the back with at least three CPs as well), WN a new-ish B737-700.

Southwest had more legroom.
Southwest had leather seats.
Southwest was much cleaner.
Overheads on their B737 could take my rollaboard wheels-first. Try that on most US B737s.

Both offered the same level of inflight service in coach.
I found the US flight attendants a little more friendly on this occasion.
Check in online and get an A boarding card on Southwest... even if you don't want to queue up with the other As, join the end as they start boarding the plane and at worst you're 35th or so to get on... still plenty of aisles left at that point.

If it were not for my FF status on US, Southwest would have won out.
Wouldn't disagree with those points.

However, try using your miles to get to Europe, Thaiti, or upgrade to Envoy, etc. Try getting them to endorse your ticket during irregular opearations. Try flying them 100 seg's a year and getting treated the exact same as if you flew once every 100 years. Try checking in at their LAX counter when the line is 2 hours long. Not even US in PHL can beat approach that long.