FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PARIS-REPUBLIQUE Holiday Inn: Any comments?
Old Apr 10, 2005, 10:04 am
johnlewis

Programs: BA DC
Originally Posted by blairvanhorn
No, of course I'm not joking, and I beg to differ. I've lived in Paris for almost 18 years now, in the Saint-Germain neighborhood as a matter of fact, and I disagree with everything you have posted.

P.S. It's about a 12-14 minute walk from the hotel to Saint-Sulpice, though I suppose you are right about the Saint-Placide métro station being more than "two paces" from the hotel: it is, in fact, just under 100 yards away.
Hello Rolleyes,

Well as a matter of fact I've lived in Montparnasse for the last 19 years (in the basement of Coupole) and the hotel is in Montparnasse not St Germain. Just look at the map!? If youdon't know where you live well........ You'd know that if you lived there. If you have a step that 50 yards then I guess you're 12 - 14 minute walk doesn't account for crossing roads and waiting for traffic etc.

By the way the rooms in the HI St Germain are between a third and half the size of those at Republique. So if you enjoy resting your feet on the TV whilst in bed ...........