FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA FIRST/Club World to Las Vegas via DFW
View Single Post
Old Apr 6, 2005, 9:50 am
flyclub

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by GBOAC
At DFW on the return, did you go landside for check-in? On my trip, I stayed airside (TrAAin to Terminal B) and (after the looooong walk which I also noted!) was able to check-in at the lounge and get my BP/have my bag tags from AA noted in the BA system. Certainly a good thing as it meant not having to go through security again...
We did exactly the same when we arrived at the BA gates however we had walked all the way from gate C33 and didn't even get on the train so you can imagine how far it was!

Originally Posted by PresRDC
That TWA 757 on which you flew is not old. TWA acquired those aircraft much later than AA acquired their 757s. The TWA 757s began to join the fleet in the mid to late 1990s (I flew on one JFK-SFO-JFK in Summer 1997).
I find the F seats far more conmfortable on the TWA 757s.
Most interesting - thanks for that point. Naughty AA for not looking after them...tut tut!

I find the TWA seats in F more comfortable as well actually - great headrest - nice and squishy and soft!! Also, they seem to have those flip down footrests which is a nice touch.