FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - trouble booking july AA awards trip to TLV
Old Apr 6, 2005, 6:59 am
craz
Suspended

jonnye,
thanks for the info, I was wasnt the OP on this topic. I get into TLV 4-5 times a year. and August is a must when not only are fares way up there (July as well) but freebies are hard to come by. For the past 10 yrs I was always able to manage a Free 1st class on BA since most people cashed in for coach or Club. Now that BA did away with 1st it seems Club is not available and forget about coach.
I dont fly LY so that doesnt affect me, but this year seems as the worst year yet to try and book something using miles throughout June/July/Aug , in years past if one checked by mid-April they were still some selections to be had, this year Nothing its like the OP said youd be lucky to find a flight in either direction and one better not be inflex to the dates. Im not talking just about LY but All carriers.

Not only for the summer but its crazy also for mid-Oct = Succoth since the Religious Americans have but 2 time slots that they can fly after Yom Kippur, either Sat night 10/15 or Sun afternoon 10/16 otherwise its 10/10 . CO is way oversold and not offering its 10/15 flight #90 anylonger, CO doesnt have a flight on 10/16 in the afternoon and the 90 on 10/16 gets in too late into TLV on 10/17 (3pm and Israel would have turned the clocks back already so sundown will be around 5:30 if that late, too close any delay would mean spending 2 days at the airport for those who are Religious. When just there it took close to an hour after landing till I got my bags and we were the only flight that was there.