FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - trouble booking july AA awards trip to TLV
Old Apr 6, 2005, 6:54 am
jonnye

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by haniboo
jonnye how do you know these things? how can i access that info?
It's all pretty much accessible, though it's sometimes hard to gauge accuracy closer to the actual flight date. There are a few programs out there which you can use. KVS Availability Tool is one program, though this is a very *A weighted search facility so accuracy has been brought into question. Another program which I use is a web-based facility called www.ExpertFlyer.com this is a subscription based service but basically gives you all the information your travel agent will see.

And finally, experience. Having been a frequent flyer on ELAL over the years you see the trend appear of availability. Around Holiday season you have to be booking your award seats literally 11+ months in advance just to get availability. An example will be in a couple of week’s time for Passover Holiday. I booked 'Z' Class tickets at the end of April 2004 for this coming Passover 2005, come the first week in May 2004 all Z class tickets had been snatched up for the week period before and after Passover!.