FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - trouble booking july AA awards trip to TLV
Old Apr 6, 2005, 3:52 am
jonnye

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by craz
Ive got the same prob with June, with BA. So I guess Ill buy a CO tkt.

My only idea was to go onto Coupon Connection and see if you can give AA for DL. 1st call DL and see if theres anyway for them to get you there. If Im correct AA takes 130,000 for a Biz while DL is 120,000. So you might get someone to bite seeing that they will gain an extra 10,000, that way they can get 5 Dom tkts instead of 4, or any combothat they wish from you. Or someone might want to fly AA and DL doesnt go. I dont know what UA would need but that will open up LH,AC maybe someone else. DL has AirFrance,KLM,Czech,Alatila,CO

With LY cutting back I guess its coming to haunt us as it forces people to purchase on the other carriers. LY added 32 flights from all over to meet the Passover demand maybe if the same happens in June/July LY will also add flights.
June/July/August are NO Go's on EL AL for award tickets. It's the season for mass im/migration of tour groups and the like. Nearly everyday you have 150+ pax tour groups going somewhere. The problem you might have on the 8th could be to do with it being a Friday, so EL AL have no direct flight from NY on Fridays, though you can get connected in Europe for completion of that journey. On your return all (W) class are showing W0 though the LY011 is showing Z2 which is the heavily discounted Business ($10 more than Full Y).