FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Meridien Bristol - Warsaw
View Single Post
Old Apr 5, 2005, 3:10 am
andre1970

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by Altaflyer
Not happy with my stay. The room, an Executive King was dark, there were paint discolorations on closet doors, cracks in the walls in the bathroom, the bed looked like it was sagging, there was no iron, no coffee maker and the place in general needs a significant reno (an iron was brought - the cord was frayed ) The gym also needs new equipment. The Malinowa restaurant was also not a good choice. Food was not very good but service was very attentive.

This contrasts with the Westin the night before - what a dream experience - completely flawless from start to finish. It was simply amazing. And, before people jump on me that Bristol is an old hotel, I have stayed in the better Fairmonts and they are FAR better than this. Again, the Westin rocks!!!!
No I am not gonna jump on you! Same experience with "no iron", "no coffemaker" and I would also add "no Wi Fi" which also very important! I wrote them comments baout that! Did you?
The service however is excellent... And people everywhere, extremely polite and willing to help.
The Malinowa restaurant did not impresss me. Again, the service excellent, the food was just OK (relative to what I expected). I wouldn't like to talk about that here however, b/c I don't think you can compare it with the best retaurants in e.g. Lyon.
One thing I'd mention though: It is very expensive! I don't think that people with "just good" salaries in Poland could easily afford it, and with this thought, I was expecting something exceptional...
The room I stayed was pretty good, nowhere got the impression of something needed to be renovated. Dark? Yes, a little bit, especially the rooms in the highest floor, they have small windows. No problem with that!
Next time in Warsaw? Yes, I would stay again in Bristol! But I wouldn't eat at Malinowa, there are so many other good restaurants in Warsaw...