FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheratons in Florence, Rome
View Single Post
Old Apr 3, 2005, 2:20 pm
best

May I ask about the4P in Roma: spg does not show any "brand new" there. Only 4P we found is the Roma West which is not brand new and we stayed there about 4 years ago.
Where did you find the "brand new" 4P and what is exact name and location?
Thank you for the help.

QUOTE=Jills]I can't help ya with Florence, as we always just "suck it up" and stay at the Excelsior. But in Rome, I would recommend the Four Points. It is brand new and is quite nice for a 4-Points. This is not your motel-6-type 4-Points. Nice lobby, restaurant, bar, etc. The room was just OK, but it was very cheap - I think I paid 2000 *points/night - compared with 14-25000 I normally pay elsewhere in Rome (Excelsior or St. Regis). Depends on the details of your trip, but if you don't mind catching a bus, then train for a half hour every day, it's not bad. We quite enjoy the adventure.

If you're more interested in saving $ than in staying at a *wood property, I would recommend one of the many nice little B&Bs. We've used www.laterooms.com on several occasions to find great, clean, well-appointed B&Bs in the middle of town for 50-60E per night. Same for Florence. 2 blocks off of St. Lorenzo square is one called Pucci I believe. Kinda loud if you get a room next to the street, as Firenza is a very pedestrian town. But otherwise, VERY nice rooms for 65E/night.

Edit: OK, never mind that idea. I just checked, and they're going for 145 right now. We musta been lucky. But anyway, keep an eye open for these. Just depends of the date of your travel.[/QUOTE]