FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Easter Escape to the East: AMS-SIN-KUL-SIN-AMS on KL C and SQ F
Old Apr 3, 2005, 5:57 am
WearyBizTrvlr

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Originally Posted by hairpeace
Good report, too. I hope you had fun.
Oh, definitely!

Originally Posted by jef7
Thanks WearyBizTrvlr for sharing with us this very enjoyable trip report. I will be taking SQ 112 as well and the details you have given us here are very helpful. As suggested here at FT though, I've opted to try MH on the way back to SIN from KUL. Just curious, and sorry since my experience is limited to Star Alliance, but when you booked the award ticket, was it not possible for you to actually book the trip from AMS to KUL with stop over in SIN? Then, you didn't have to buy the SIN to KUL separately. But anyways, looking forward to your follow up reports on the Ritz and MO. I myself have enjoyed the former very much, but I would like to hear your personal comments on the Malaysian property. Thanks again
I had wanted to mention in my report that I had originally to take MH back from KUL to sample the much-praised F lounge there. But the timing didn't work out so well, as MH 603 leaves at noon, which implies getting up far too early, and MH 605 leaves at 3:40pm, which was a bit too late for my purposes. I guess I'll try again next time I'm there.

As for booking the whole thing as an award ticket, I suppose I could have done it in one go, but at the time I wasn't sure yet I'd be going to KUL at all. I needed to coordinate schedules with a friend of mine there, so it wasn't until I got to Singapore that I knew for sure that I was going.

Originally Posted by Fliar
We share a love for KLM and for Dutch weather (which is why I migrated to New Zealand).

The tallest mountain in Holland? You mean de Hondsrug?

You mentioned the RC - did you have any problems with noise from the renovations? Did you have a club room? If so, how was the new club?

You also mentioned dinner in the hotel - which restaurant and how was it?
At some point I am sure that I will find myself permenantly in a better climate. The tallest mountain in Holland is the Drielandenpunt, and is only one-third Dutch, as it's shared with Belgium and Germany. It's just a shade over 1,000ft over sea level.

I was in a Kallang View club room the first stay, then in a Marina View Premier Suite, also Club. The new club is much like the old, only a bit bigger. Check-in is now in the Club too, but the food and service were the same. I did notice some drilling now and then, but wasn't too disturbed by it.

I dined at the Summer Garden, the Chinese restaurant. Dinner was pretty good although not exceptional. More details to follow.