FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Award Res Agent: "I will have used all my availabilities"
Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:01 pm
Houston_TX1234

Originally Posted by gradvmedusa
This appears to be a clear case of an internal operational measure that is meant to increase effienciency without considering the impact on customer service. That or the CSR was lying to the customer and that is equally bad.

You seem to be accepting this a lot better than I would have.

It's not THAT big of a deal, booking an award trip is always a hassle, I went through 5 different agents before I finally got it booked(Still pending conformation on Koran Air for a few flights) But I eventually got an extrodinarly helpful agent who wiaved a few rules for me and searched for flights for about an hour. Not to say that the others 3 that I talked to weren't helpful, they were, just not as creative and creativity is what counts here.
The agent who I talked to finally was amazing, not even getting mad when I realized I had forgotten to request my stopover in Tokyo(The main reason I am going to begin with). She just worked it in, and she also accomadated my request to fly in F on the way back, overall an amazing agent. The best thing an agent can do on a trip like this is get an idea of what you want and then work it all out herself, instead of asking for every little detail, which is exactly what she did(IE: It didn't matter to me if I flew NRT-BKK/KUL/SIN, or on exactly what dates, she just got it done!)
I am not going to write a letter or anything for several reasons, I don't remeber the agents name, I only talked to her for a total of 10 minutes so no big loss and what would I have to gain? Maybe a few thousand miles or something, clearly it's not worth my time.

PS: The agent was clearly lying, I could tell from the tone of her voice as soon as she picked up she wasn't going to be in a good mood/helpful. Things probably got worse when she realized I wasn't elite, and was looking to use "daddy's miles" w/e I'm used to it by now.

I'm kind of at a loss as to why you WOULDN'T write a note to CAL. The first agent annoyed you enough to post here and the agent who made it right for you pleased you enough that you posted it here. Why on earth not let her/his employer know what a great job they did for you? ( I'm thinking this shouldn't have been a "thumbs down" post, but a "thumbs up" post for the agent who got you on your way.)