FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Churchill London REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Mar 29, 05, 7:13 pm
gregorygrady

Originally Posted by divaof travel
Just a word of warning if you have a car. I stayed here last November with a car, and the hotel is either within or very near the "restricted" zone where you need a special sticker to drive. I only .found out when Hert sent me four tickets at about $170 each last week
I too am interested in transportation to/from/around the Churchill. I'll be in Southampton (~90 miles SE on London) next week on business and if I finish early I'm gonna try to make it to the Churchill on the weekend. I'll have a rental car but am wondering if a car at the Churchill is more trouble than it's worth. Is there any need for a car in London or would it be more convenient/easier to drop my car rental back at LHR on Friday and just take the Heathrow Express to Paddington (and a cab to Churchill) and then the Tube around London for sightseeing, etc.? Parking is $50 a night? Is there any street parking anywhere near there? I may want to just keep my rental car since I'll already have it but rather than paying $50 or $100 for parking I'd rather dump the car a few blocks (or even a half mile) away and then pick it back up when I'm leaving for LHR. Also what's the deal with this "restricted zone"? Is it a huge hassle to have a car at this hotel? It sort of seems like it is from others posts.........