FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One Month In Asia
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2005, 10:39 pm
gradvmedusa

Programs: Onepass, Skymiles, Worldperks, Hilton HHonors Silver, Mariot Rewards
Originally Posted by FlyingScott
I enjoy the lesser developed and less expensive areas of Asia such as Vietnam and Thailand. I....The previous poster's idea about the Malaysian islands is a great idea. I would also recommend going to Bangkok and the north of Thailand, to Saigon and Hanoi in Vietnam (need a visa) and to the mountainous northern areas of VN which are still very wild, remote and beautiful.
Really I picture Thailand as being filled with backpackers, this isn't the case? What about Cambodia and Laos? I do like cities so I would at least like to see Singapore and Kula Lampore for a day or two each. I am thinking of a schedule something like this
2 Nights Singapore
2 Nights KL
2-3 Nights on the Malaysian Islands
14 Days split among Thailand/Vietnamn/Cambodia or Laos
I would really like to find a nice cheap relaxing spot somewhere and stay for a good 5 nights or so, can anybody recomend such a place in any of the countries listed?(I am sure they are numerous...but to narrow it down I am looking for something beachy, scenic, rural, cheap, and hopefully having a nice mellow party scene of some sort.)

Also it seems that it is somewhat controversial to travel to Myanmar, do you think it might be worth checking out anyway? I am looking for some get away from it all, genuine adventures on this trip(However short) and the name "Burma" evokes very nostalgic and interesting imagery.

Last edited by gradvmedusa; Mar 25, 2005 at 10:46 pm