FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Suggestion - Communication of FT Changes/Enhancements
Old Mar 24, 2005, 4:31 pm
FlyinHawaiian
Moderator: Hawaii-based airlines & Hawai'i forums

Programs: NEXUS/Global Entry, Delta, United, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott, and Hertz
Originally Posted by Spiff
Though I can guess, specifically to what changes to the interface are you referring?
Thanks, Spiff.

Thinking of recent changes...

Search Down/Up/Down - I think this was well communicated with the stickies and other supporting communications.

The changes to Coupon Connection eligibility (or, in a larger sense, the tool that can restrict users from certain forums) - I don't recall a general announcement that the existing rules had been changed, but I understand that there were reasons for this and think I understand why.

The addition of the advertising to the forum threads. I do not recall seeing any communication on this before it was implemented. As a result, I am seeing questions of pretty much the same natue - "what happened/what is going on" - in numerous forums, from Mileage Run to OMNI, to Tech Support, and individual airlines. You get the point. I am sure the forum moderators will be tasked with answering, closing, or redirecting these posts. There also seems to be some "ill-will" from some users regarding the lack of communication over so visable a change.

William -

I read John's response in the Technical Forum that "advertising was not a technical issue," hence my question here. The TalkBoard has my faith (and ongoing support) to be advocates of the FT Community. ^

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Mar 25, 2005 at 9:26 am Reason: edited for clarity (I hope)