FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - NEW Programs AF-KLM "FLYING BLUE"
View Single Post
Old Mar 24, 2005, 2:00 pm
blairvanhorn
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge VintageŽ) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by JOUY31
IMHO, it would not be a very good move to move now some Rouges to Platinum and others to Gold. Of course, it depends on the level of benefits which Gold will enjoy, but we have no information about that. It would be much wiser to transfer ALL Rouges to Platinum and give them the incentive to reach the new qualification level by year's end. Telling your customers that they are the most loyal and therefore receive a Rouge card in March 2005, then in May 2005 that they are only second best is one of the worst commercial attitudes possible. And about the argument of fairness to Gold in FD, they would not be demoted but just keep their second tier, which would not be the case of Rouges moving to Gold.
I agree with you 100% based on principle, Jouy. But based on practicality, I also tend to agree with what Alexis wrote:

Originally Posted by ALEXIS2004
c- About the 4 levels of membership, it is worthy to note that KLM only mentions a transfer to 4 new levels which leads to believe it will merely be a simple transfer to the same levels as previous. On the other hand, AF says that there will be 4 new levels and transfer will be based on current status and acquired q miles . Based on this, I don't think that all Rouges will become Platinum. Only those with the same amount of qmiles as the current FD highest level will become Platinum. Others will become Gold.
I just read this on the AF site and my first reaction was also that their wording implies that they will split Rouges into Plats and Golds based on 2004 qualifying miles.

Although I would be disappointed not to maintain the highest level in the new AF program after having fulfilled the mileage requirements as spelled out in the T&C for qualifying in 2004, I hope that AF has the good sense to soften this blow by at the very least maintaining all current Rouge benefits (e.g. system-wide ST lounge access, qualifying miles for all fares that have been qualifying in the past, etc.) ... and they might even consider increasing the 50% mileage bonus for Golds as a gesture of goodwill.

Last edited by blairvanhorn; Mar 24, 2005 at 2:03 pm