FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bali & Langkawi
Thread: Bali & Langkawi
View Single Post
Old Mar 23, 2005, 10:02 am
blueDC

Programs: OW, *A, Bonvoy, WOH
Originally Posted by fallinasleep
there is no way I would risk flying an LCC when a flight delay could mean losing precious hours at your destination
And a flight delay on SQ/TG is any different?

AirAsia's on-time stats (+/- 90%) are no worse (or better) than any airline. Granted, it's more like a SouthWest (no assigned seats, pay for everything) than a United (oh wait... pay for everything as well ) but a flight delay is a flight delay. SQ/TG are not immune to those as well (my brother was just on a SIN-JFK that was delayed for 3 hours). FWIW, a delay on the SIN-LGK sector means you are SOL coz it's a once-a-day flight - and even then it's not a daily flight - whereas KUL-LGK is thrice daily which means lots of room for error and fallback positions.

In addition, it's perfectly safe to fly AirAsia. And my previous experiences with AirAsia have not made me hate flying. Yes, it is an LCC so it might not be a good choice for a honeymoon which means you may want to stick with SQ from SIN. You can all have your preconceived notions or opinions about AirAsia or LCCs in general but instead of just bashing the suggestion, how about offerring an alternative of your own for the OP's benefit? I'd be interested as well as I frequent those destinations

And veering back on-topic, I agree with JetE that the Datai is amazing. The setting is the #1 reason to go there, IMHO. Thank you for sharing your pictures. They brought back good memories ^